National Stepfamily Day is a nationally and an internationally recognized holiday that is celebrated on September 16th each year. It’s a time for stepfamilies to get together and celebrate being part of a stepfamily. Christy Tusing-Borgeld is the founder of National Stepfamily Day and you can read the inspiring story of how she started it HERE.
10 Ways to Celebrate National Stepfamily Day:
- Family picnic. Enjoy the outdoors and have a picnic!
- Cookie decorating. Cookie, cupcake, or cake decorating is a fun side-by-side activity that you can do. Plus, you can enjoy all of the goodies that you decorate! I found an awesome cookie shop called Smith-O-Lator that also offers cookie decorating classes.
- Bike ride. Go on a bike ride around your neighborhood or load your bikes up and check out a new trail.
- Board games. Scrabble, Monopoly, or Clue, anyone?!
- Day trip. Find a natural attraction, national park, or an amusement park in your area and enjoy the day there.
- Visit the zoo or a museum. Do you have any unusual museums in the area? If you do a quick Google search, you might be surprised by what turns up. We found the Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting which is really cool!
- Go bowling.
- Go out for ice cream or frozen yogurt. You don’t have to do anything too elaborate– just enjoy having dessert with each other.
- Play a sport together. Frisbee, sand volleyball, softball… Get everyone together and have some fun!
- Family-friendly comedy show. Laugh together! We’ll be enjoying Stepfamily Appreciation Night at JesterZ Improv Comedy on September 16th. Join us!
No matter how you choose to celebrate, make the most of every moment that you spend with your family. Celebrate the unique qualities of each person in your family and make some wonderful memories together!
Have other ideas? Wanna share how you’re going to celebrate? Share in the comments!