We are pleased to announce that The Stepmom Project has been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Social Stepmom! The Sunshine Blogger Award is given from bloggers to other bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring.
Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post where they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask 11 new questions.
- Notify your nominees and create/display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in the post.
This nomination means so much to us, and we’re excited to nominate other bloggers that are clearly passionate about making a difference!
Here are our nominees: (in no particular order)
Here are our questions to our nominees: (You can change a question!)
- What is your best parenting/stepparenting moment?
- What are your favorite self-care activities do you do?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Who do you want to reach with your blog?
- What book are you reading right now?
- What is something that a lot of other people don’t know about you?
- What is the most memorable place you’ve visited?
- Favorite dessert?
- What three adjectives do people use to describe you?
- A saying or quote that you live by?
- How do you maintain a work and home life balance? Any tips?
Here are our answers:
What inspired you to start a blog?
I wanted to help others who are going through the same challenges as me.
How long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging at the beginning of this year. Before that, I kept a journal with all of my thoughts, ideas, and experiences, but I decided to move it online to help others.
What audience do you want to reach?
I want to reach stepmoms, especially childless stepmoms, who might be struggling in their new role as wife and stepmom.
What does a typical day look like?
I teach at a university, and then I spend the evenings doing all of the things that I love. Eating dinner with my family, going for walks with my dog, writing, hiking, and reading are all things that I like to do when I have time.
Best Stepparenting moment?
Probably when I threw a surprise party for my stepdaughter’s 9th birthday. She was truly surprised and overjoyed. It was a really special day for all of us!
Most embarrassing stepparenting moment?
Hmmm…I actually don’t really have one. Is that weird?!
What advice would you give?
Never stop challenging yourself and learning new things! As an educator, I’m a firm believer in life-long learning. Learn as much as you can because knowledge is power.
What is the best advice given to you?
Let it go. Don’t let the weight of what you’re carrying bring you down. I’ve learned to let a lot of little things go. Try it! It’s very freeing.
What is a saying that inspires you?
I have quite a few sayings that inspire me, but one that really speaks to me is a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt: “Do one thing everyday that scares you.”
What book would you recommend your audience to read?
One of the best books I’ve read this year was Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. Gilbert encourages all of us to find our creative outlet and follow our passion.
Who is your favorite president and why?
My favorite president was Abraham Lincoln because of his honesty and his efforts leading to the abolition of slavery.